- Super Sprint: Swim: 350 Meters. Bike: 6.2 mi. Run: 3.1 mi.
- Sprint: Swim: 700 Meters. Bike: 17.7 mi. Run: 3.1 mi.
- Olympic: Swim 1500 Meters. Bike 23.6 mi. Run: 6.2 mi.
- Olympic Aquabike: Swim 1500 Meters. Bike 23.6 mi.
*Distances subject to change.
Important Race Weekend Information
- Confirmation Sheet – Print, sign & bring with you to mandatory packet pick up.
- Athlete Event Guide – Sprint & Olympic (view PDF)
- Schedule of Events – below
The standard division for participants is the Age Group division, athletes will compete in their respective age group. For more Age Group division information please see the USAT Official Rules. Please email: email@example.com if you have any questions.
The TriRock Relay
For those who prefer to race one element of the triathlon TriRock is offering a relay division. Relay teams will consist of three (3) members, each member will complete one segment of the event and “pass the baton” to the next member in the Transition Zone. There are no age groups for the relay division, all relay racers will compete for the fastest overall time.
The AquaBike program gives athletes the opportunity to compete in a category where they will complete the swim and bike portions of the race, while omitting the run leg of the race. New in 2015, we are offering an AquaBike category for the Olympic distance only. Please note: there are no relay options available for this event. It is an individual event only.
New in 2015, the SuperSprint program gives athletes the opportunity to compete in a category where they will complete a short course consisting of a 350M swim, a 6.2 mile bike loop, and a 5K run. Please note: there are no relay options available for this event. It is an individual event only.
To qualify for the Clydesdale/Athena division male athletes must weigh 220+ lbs. and females 165+ lbs. Athletes will be weighed during awards for confirmation.
Triathlon Club Challenge
Triathletes competing in the Triathlon Club Challenge will compete against other tri clubs. The top ten tri clubs will receive a post-race finish area for athletes to relax.
Military/Public Servant Division
To qualify for the military division and public servant division, one must be an active member of The United States Military or employed by a government department or agency (i.e. Police, Fireman, Paramedic). Men and women will compete separately for the overall titles within the division. There will be NO age group distinctions. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Subject to change.
Sunday, September 6, 2015
- 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM TriRock Austin Expo, Hyatt Regency Austin, Texas Ballroom
- 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Packet Pickup & Late Registration at TriRock Austin Expo
- 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Mandatory Bike Check In
- 12:00 PM Flat Tire and Transition Clinic by Greasy Monkey Wipes at TriRock Austin Expo
- 1:00 PM Beginner Triathlete Meeting & Course Overview at TriRock Austin Expo
- 2:00 PM Race Director Course Review & USAT Rules at TriRock Austin Expo
There is no race day packet pickup. All bikes must be checked into transition on Sunday by 6:00PM.
Monday, September 7, 2015
- 5:00 AM Transition Area Opens
- 6:40 AM Olympic Distance Transition Area Closed
- 6:40 AM Pre-race Meeting (all distances)
- 7:00 AM Olympic Distance Race Start
- 8:15 AM Sprint Disance Transition Area Closed
- 8:30 AM Sprint Distance Race Start
- 9:30 AM Finish Line Festival Begins
- 11:30 AM Awards Presentation (tentative)
Please note if you park in the Palmer Events Center parking lot on race day, you will not be permitted to leave until 11:30 am, as the run course passes directly in front of the garage exit.
There is plenty of parking in Palmer Events Center area. The following is a list of lots you can park at:
- Hyatt Regency Hotel, 208 Barton Springs Road
- One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road
- Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road
- Austin City Hall, 301 W Second Street
Some fees may apply. Parking is also available at many other downtown parking lots and garages. Please do not park in the lots of local businesses, restaurants, or on the streets in the local neighborhoods. We encourage the use of public transportation for race morning.
The best alternative parking is at One Texas Center, at 505 Barton Springs. It should be free on Sunday during the Expo.
Click here for the overall parking map.
THE MULTISPORT EXPO
The MultiSport Expo will be the center of attraction surrounding this festive weekend on September 6 -September 7, 2015.
If you are looking for an opportunity to improve sales and gain exposure among triathletes and other endurance sports athletes, we invite you to exhibit at the MultiSport Expo. For further information about expo booths, event sponsorship opportunities or goodie bag inserts, contact Geoff Barnett at email@example.com