Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA)
You can support the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, official charity sponsor of TriRock San Diego, by raising funds to benefit Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis research.
Participate in CCFA’s endurance training and fundraising program and challenge yourself, change lives, and help find cures. Find your local team at http://www.ccteamchallenge.org/.
Team Challenge Can Help You Complete a Triathlon!
Swim, bike, and run with the Team Challenge Triathlon Training Program! We’re recruiting participants from across the country with teams in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Northern California – East Bay & SF, Northern California – South Bay, and Las Vegas as well as our “virtual team” for wherever you may live: National Team. You’ll raise funds for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis programs while training for the experience of a lifetime!
Never Done a Triathlon Before?
No worries! Both novice and expert athletes can complete this sprint or intermediate triathlon course – we have a 100% race day success rate! A triathlon consists of swimming, biking, and running, consecutively, in that order. For first-timers, sprints are very doable and for experienced athletes, it’s a chance to challenge yourself with the intermediate distance!
What Are The Distances Involved?
The sprint triathlon distance is defined as a .3-mile swim, an 8.5-mile bike, and a 3.1-mile run. The intermediate distance is defined as a .9-mile swim, a 21-mile bike, and a 6-mile run.
How Does Team Challenge Triathlon work?
- We help you get ready for race day through training by professional coaches over 16 weeks at a venue near you. You will be coached to perform at your best for all sections of the event, including open water swim coaching.
- A series of clinics on open water swimming, bike safety, T1 and T2 transitions, nutrition, hydration, and injury prevention will prepare participants for all legs of this event.
- While training, you’ll also be raising funds to support research, education, and support programs for the 1.4 million Americans with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, two painful digestive diseases. You’ll receive all the tools and help you need – you’ll even get your own personal fundraising web page to help reach your goals.
- You’ll make new friends and great memories as you train and race with your team. Not only will you test your limits, but you’ll also give countless patients hope for a life without Crohn’s or colitis.
Join one of our teams in San Diego, Los Angeles, Northern California, and Las Vegas or our “virtual team” wherever you may live. To get started with this great new program, call 866-931-2611!
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Orange County
- Northern California – East Bay & SF
- Northern California – South Bay
- Las Vegas
- National Team